Chinese Bluestone Pavers
Looking for a cheap alternative to our Premium Harkaway Bluestone?
Our latest bluestone paver will give you a cheap alternative to our premium Harkaway bluestone pavers range. One of the major differences is the catspaw holes are more frequent and so is shade variation.
These Sawn finish Chinese bluestone pavers and tiles are the standard grade of bluestone that is found commonly all over Australia. This is a standard grade which means this variety of bluestone has about 50% of Cat’s Paw and has more colour variation. This is our budget sawn face bluestone which means you can get the standard look for less. Thickness and size variation is the industry standard of +-2mm. This is the CHEAPEST natural BLUESTONE available for sale ANYWHERE in Australia!
We recommend you follow the following guidelines when purchasing our BLUESTONE:
10mm :thick tiles should be laid directly onto a concrete slab or great for balconies, decks or indoor floor tiles.
20mm :thick pavers can be laid as above OR onto a compacted road base into a wet slurry of sand and cement
30mm :thick pavers can be laid as both above or onto a compacted road base into a dry sand bed, great for tiling over easements or where you require water permeation.
If you need a hand or have any questions regarding bluestone, give our Stone Experts a call: (03) 9706 9767.
INSTALLATION - SEALING - MAINTENANCE GUIDE
RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION TECHNIQUES FOR BLUESTONE
Please use one of the following adhesives IF installing in adhesive is preferred…..
If you prefer to install your pavers in traditional sand and cement style follow these instructions to the letter:
ARDEX | CONSTRUCTION CHEMICALS | BAYSET | MAPEI
– Select one of the adhesives above (they ALL have a rapid setting time) and simply mix as per manufactures specifications then notch the adhesive onto the back of EVERY tile (ensuring 100% coverage).
– Let the adhesive set, usually around 3-4 hrs and then install the tiles as per your usual technique into the wet sand and cement mix.
– This system minimises the risk of any of the tiles warping slightly due to being moisture sensitive.
– GROUTING should ONLY occur IF the tiles have been completely dry for at least 4 days in a row.
– IT IS NOT acceptable to blow the water out of the joints and then grout as you WILL have effluence issues, possibly warping issues, picture framing due to trapped excessive moisture.
– You must of course follow the Australian Tiling Standards in regard to incorporating expansion joints into your tiling. Failure to do so WILL lead to drummy and lifting tiles.
Bluestone can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the ongoing clean up of the stone.
An invisible penetrating sealer can be applied prior to grouting which will facilitate easy clean up after application of the grout.
Do not use Hydrochloric acid for clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react.
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high pressure cleaning. A solution of mild detergent and water, can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.
We deliver bluestone pavers, tiles and pool coping door to door to all suburbs in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Hobart. We also deliver to any regional area in Australia at reasonable freight rates.